Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Exhausted!!

Wow! I am sorry guys. I have not written in a while.
Last week we finished our Hands of Peace training and learned that once our CMs (Corps Members) get here two teams will be paired together and we, as the TLs, will have to conduct the training for them! I'm pretty excited about that! It should be a fun day!
We also had diversity training and got certified in Mental Health First Aid. That was a really long class but it feels good to be certified in that!
As Team Leaders we have specific rolls or jobs that will have to do while on campus when the CMs arrive. The role I was assigned is Residence Life. That means I, along with 3 other TLs from different units, are in charge of coming up with activities to do to keep the CMs occupied in their free time. Things like movie night, trivia night, coffee crawl, etc.. We are also in charge of getting groups together and taking them to the store, or doctors appts. and anywhere else they might need to go! I am looking forward to seeing how all that goes!

This weekend we had a much welcomed long weekend! Since we were off on Monday for Presidents day, a few of us decided to go into San Francisco for the weekend! It was beautiful. I loved the city, all of the culture and diversity. We got to see a lot of the city and the gorgeous Golden Gate Bridge. We even drove across it and found a little beach to go to. The view was breath taking and the pictures do not give it justice. I could have sat there all day staring out into the ocean, but they wouldn't let me!! The only negative thing I have to say about San Fran is that it SUCKS to try and walk around. There are hills so steep they have to put stairs in the side walk to keep you from falling! So if you are planning on going more than a few blocks you have to call a cab or hate yourself for thinking in won't be that bad of a walk!







Today was back to reality, but thankfully we were not sitting in a class room the whole day! We had our van training! I am now certified to drive the 15 passenger vans!!
Now it is bed time!! I am exhausted!

No comments:

Post a Comment