Sunday, February 2, 2014

So Sore!!!!

Ok, so where did I leave off? Oh, yes, grocery shopping. It went fairly smoothly and we even came out under budget! If we stay under budget the whole time we will probably get to go out for a nice meal as a group at the end!
Friday morning was another early morning wake up for PT. We walked into the training room and this is what was on the board for our PT.

Our instructions were to start and get through as much of that list as we could. I made it through the sit-ups and was very proud of myself!
The rest of the day consisted of more training in leadership and communication. We also broke up into groups and did some role playing of different scenarios. We finished up earlier than what we have been which was nice! A couple guys made a great dinner for us and we sat and ate as a group!
After dinner the majority of us went over to the local hang out and played some pool and sang karaoke! It was a lot of fun and a chance for us to hang out as a group outside of work!
We are off for the weekend so we got to sleep in on Saturday! Since I have been used to getting up at 5:30am sleeping in meant waking up at 8:30! But those few extra hours of sleep still felt pretty good! We got to venture out into downtown Sacramento Saturday! We started out in Old Sacramento which was really pretty! It had an old western feel to it! I posted a lot of pictures on my Facebook page! We also walked to the Capitol building. It was gorgeous!! We had lunch at a Mexican restaurant and walked down by the river! It was a nice day aside from everyone complaining about how sore they were. Every step we took we moaned and groaned! If our abs didn't hurt so much I'm sure we would have laughed about it!


  
Last night me and 3 other girls found an improve show to go to. We ate at an Indian place and then went to the show! It was pretty funny!
Today we are all being pretty lazy until the Super Bowl comes on. We are still trying to figure out what everyone wants to do and go to watch it! I'm sure everyone will crash as soon as it is over because we have another 5:30am wake up call in the morning for PT!

Also for anyone that is interested this is my address, and I can receive care packages while I am here on campus which will be through March after that I can receive them but I will only get them when I am back on campus which will be every 8-11 weeks or so! I can receive letters anytime!

Kacie Marcus, Class 20 NCCC-FEMA TL
AmeriCorps NCCC
3427 Laurel Street
McClellan, CA 95652

No comments:

Post a Comment