Monday, February 24, 2014

Last Night!!!

Well it is the last night of peace and quite before the CMs get here.  This week has consisted of getting everything ready for their arrival! Part of that preparing included me and a few other TLs unloading over 100 sleeping bags, going through all of them to make sure they had all the right parts, loading them onto a truck, taking them to the dorms, unloading them and distributing them into all of the rooms! That was a long morning!


We also got to find out our teams! I have a total of 9 people on my team, 7 girls and 2 guys! That should be fun! My team is an IA team, which stands for Individual Assistance. We will be providing information to individuals and families applying for disaster assistance. We will provide information on Disaster Recovery Centers (DRCs) and community relations outreach, and assist in responding to congressional inquiries. We could be at the Joint Field Office (JFO), a fixed or mobile DRC, shelter, call center, or a Regional Office. This means we will be working directly with disaster survivors and assisting them in getting the help they need!

Today we went over last minute things to make sure we were ready for tomorrow. I got things prepared for my team by getting together a list of expectations I have for the team. I also typed up a small paragraph welcoming them saying how excited I was to get to know them and work with them over the next 10 months and gave them a roommate agreement to fill out! I gave them my contact information and some candy and placed it in all of their rooms! Best Team Leader Ever!! :)
 
 
I am getting excited for them to get here and meet them. I found out today that I will be making runs to the airport tomorrow to pick some of them up! It is pretty neat that I will be one of the first ones they meet when they get here!
Wish me luck!!!
Here we go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment